[lbo-talk] voluntary simplicity as secularized calvinism (or, how to achieve a state of grace by buying locally)

tully tully at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 28 17:01:12 PST 2005

I love it! That's the way to produce widgets! Factory and material are Just-In-Time and about as localized as it gets, with minimal shipping. The product lasts for years and so does a single vendor purchase.

I used to pay 50 cents per apron for my cigarette roller and after they'd keep splitting after a few weeks, went to making my own out of wide plastic tape. The first one lasted 6 months. My design and manufacturing improved and I've used this second one almost a year and no signs of breaking any time soon.

--tully