[lbo-talk] Ward Churchill & 9-11

Michael Dawson mdawson at pdx.edu
Mon Mar 28 21:03:52 PST 2005

> > In case you haven't noticed, the US government has subsequently launched
> > full-scale invasions of two countries, and if anything the most
> > reactionary
> > forces in the country were politically strengthened by the attack. At
> last
> > count there were about 3,000 people "vulnerable" to "a small conspiracy
> > armed with weapons, a good plan, and plenty of zeal." Whether the US
> > GOVERNMENT was vulnerable to such a conspiracy is an undecided question
> --
> > at best.
>
> I'm SO SORRY that I believe that brown people can be organized and
> intelligent enough to bring the U.S. government and its economy to its
> knees. I have no time for leftist fantasies about an omniscient U.S.
> government that watches radicals every minute of the day and planned the
> 9/11 attacks to boot. Sure the U.S. state used 9/11 to launch wars and
> more repression--that doesn't mean that they planned 9/11.
>
> > But then again, you like Ward Churchill. And you also think that the US
> > government is "vulnerable" to a tiny attempt at conspiracy armed with
> > smelly
> > streetcorner infoshops, no plan whatsoever ('cause that would be
> > "authoritarian"), and plenty of hot air.
>
> I have a plan. I work with people who have plans. We accomplish shit,
> unlike you and your petit bourgeoise liberal friends.
>
> :-P
>
> Chuck

Lacny is wrong. The vulnerability of the USG is not at all an undecided question. The USG is the second most powerful reality in the world, after the power of international capital. And neither of these forces (which probably rank #1 and #2 as the most successful elite formations in world history) has been anything but _strengthened_ by either 911 or Churchill's psychosis (911 = "a feat" worthy of "credit").

Churchill is a very thinly disguised fraud.

You, meanwhile, are a joke on yourself. Good luck in your future career as a "professional" dentist.