[lbo-talk] Re: New Imperialism

Turbulo at aol.com Turbulo at aol.com
Mon Mar 28 23:43:12 PST 2005

In a message dated 3/28/05 12:11:55 PM Eastern Standard Time, lbo-talk-request at lbo-talk.org writes:

> Doug:
> > True or not, that has nothing to do with Harvey's argument, which is
> > that Bush's hyperaggressive foreign policy is a compensation for
> > economic decline. When I asked Harvey "decline relative to whom?," he
> > really didn't have a good answer.

On a purely impressionistic basis one would think that American power has declined from its post-war zenith relative to Europe, Japan and the newer Asian economies. It may be helpful to look at the US share in world production from 1945 to the present. Does Doug or anyone else have stats on this? -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20050329/ab220f15/attachment.htm>