[lbo-talk] Ward Churchill & 9-11

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Tue Mar 29 06:47:09 PST 2005

Actually, even if 9/11 was carried out by people from oppressed and despised racial and national groups ( socalled brown people) , that event does _not_ demonstrate that people from oppressed and despised races and groups can bring the U.S. government and its economy to its knees. Because the U.S. gov and econ are not on their knees as a result of 9/11. So, 9/11 doesn't demonstrate that, whoever did it.

I'd be glad to have a tete-a-tete with anyone who wants to claim that I am a racist against "brown" people because I think that.

The oppressor/oppressed nation, racism issue related to 9/11 is not in the competence of the perpetrators, but in the U.S.-centered, neo-colonialist, global system oppressing and exploiting lots of "brown" people ;and the likelihood that 9/11 is in response to this U.S. imperialism.

I happen to think that it is uncertain , for most of us, whether or not the U.S.A spook institutions had some pre-9/11 knowledge and allowed it to happen. Whether or not, there was some twisted, U.S.- spook involvement, does not lessen the racism of the larger U.S. imperialist policies , nor does it remove the fact that U.S. imperialism caused 9/11 in the general sense described above.

Charles BROWNperson

^^^^^^

by the same token, Chuck to borrow your own words, "brown people can be organized and intelligent enough to bring the U.S. government and its economy to its knees....that doesn't mean that they planned 9/11." (either)

Joe W.