[lbo-talk] Ward Churchill & 9-11

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 29 10:47:09 PST 2005

Chuck strikes back:

> Ah, but they did! The U.S. economy was shut down for several days
> and it was in recession for a long time afterwards

Please explain more on your theory of how the September 11, 2001 attacks caused the recession that began in March of 2001. I'm sure George Bush would like to hear about it, too. His court historians will likely adopt your arguments.

> While I think there is a remote possibility that officials in the U.S.
> government knew about the attacks, the left has adopted the wrong
> analysis of the attacks. They have adopted a racist analysis that relies
> on this crazy idea that the U.S. government carried out these attacks.

Who this "left" is that thinks such things, Chuck does not feel bound to say. Better to continue knocking down straw men.

> 9/11 showed how vulnerable the U.S. governmnet is. We should seize
> that as encouragment to press forward with even more radical social
> changes.

Chuck, if you want to do something new and truly revolutionary, you can try reading this without moving your lips.