[lbo-talk] Anarchists get authoritarian!

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 11:33:04 PST 2005

----- Original Message ----- From: chuck at mutualaid.org To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 10:35 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Anarchists get authoritarian!

> "A revolutionary career does not lead to banquets and
> honorary titles, interesting research and professorial
> wages. It leads to misery, disgrace, ingratitude,
> prison and a voyage into the unknown, illuminated by
> only an almost superhuman belief." - Max Horkheimer

How fucking true this morning and on most days.

Chuck <...>

I said something similar to that quote in another thread:

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20050321/006097.html

"It's just a way to live, and it should be (relatively) joyous for the person... or they need to go back a few steps and try again.

It's NOT supposed to be sacrifice, and you CAN make it a political statement... but it really degrades the experience.

Political... and chosen lifestyle.

So then it becomes: ...kudos... now what are you going to do?

Organize of course."

-30- L http://www.leighm.net http://www.furl.net/members/leigh_m/rss.xml