[lbo-talk] Disability groups protest Medicaid cuts.

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 29 17:57:14 PST 2005

There was a pretty good turnout today in Jefferson City MO with about 500 people turning up to protest Blunt's proposed cuts to Medicaid. Lawmakers came back from Spring Brake today so the Disabled Citizens Alliance and Paraquad in St. Louis worked together to arrange a little welcome home party for the cretins trying to cut-off Medicaid eligibility for approximately 100,000 disabled persons in the state. This is the second time this year a decent sized protest was arranged concerning this issue so hopefully it will do some good. I hope it gets statewide TV coverage this time instead of in just the three major markets like it did last go 'round. I bit my tongue the entire time to keep from bitching about too many people wasting time and energy on the Schiavo case. That was damn hard to do since that was the second most popular topic of conversation behind the job at hand. 500 protesters may not sound like much but for a single topic issue protest around here it is quite good.

John Thornton