[lbo-talk] stats

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 29 18:06:19 PST 2005

> snitsnat wrote:
>
> >>Doesn't everyone know the beheading video archive is at
> >><http://www.ogrish.com/beheading_videos.html>?
> >>
> >>Doug
> >

> >according to the link popularity index, the archives have an above
> >average rating, (5,001-20,000) while orgish comes in as a limited
> >presence,
>
> I watched a beheading video a few months ago - freaked me out. I was
> destabilized for hours afterwards. I'd thought I could take it, but I
> couldn't.
>
> Doug

I made the mistake of watching one about a year ago. I was more shaken up that I thought I would be. I wished I could "unwatch" it somehow for about a week afterward. Of course telling some people that only increased their desire to see it. To prove they were more manly perhaps? Having seen much blood and guts and dying and screaming as a paramedic didn't really make any difference. It isn't the sight of the blood, what little there is, that makes it chilling to watch. Why am I comforted to know their popularity is low?

John Thornton