[lbo-talk] stats

tully tully at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 30 06:57:24 PST 2005

On Wednesday 30 March 2005 09:30 am, Doug Henwood wrote:
>The deed was done using a knife held with bare hands. It's very
> messy - lots of hacking, punctuated initially by screams. Lots of
> spurting blood. I watched some videos of guys being shot (on the
> same Ogrish site), but those are relatively quick and clean. The
> beheading was drawn out, and it seemed that the victim experienced
> lots of pain and terror before the lights dimmed. It's a very
> intense dose of pure horror.

The Nick Berg beheading video was nothing like this. There was no blood spurting, which would certainly happen if the victim were alive. The sync of the video was way off, as the timing shown while Berg was alive and later. Studying the 3 people behind Berg revealed very white skin and standing at parade rest, an American military stance. The pictures I'd seen of Berg looked nothing like the person sitting in the orange jump suit or the head held up at the end, bone structure quite different. I came away convinced the Berg video was a fake.

--tully