[lbo-talk] The state

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 11:58:46 PST 2005

<<It is hard to understand why Marxists think those changes would have those effects.>>

The erroneous Enlightenment notion of "Blank Slate" is the reason. Many marxists proceed from the lessons they learned in Social Engineering 101. I thought Pete Singer did a fabulous job of taking this apart in his book "Left Darwinism".

-Thomas

<<We are at such a point in mankind's evolution where changed conditions invalidate all our policies that have been so successful even in the recent past, and that presumably have constituted the ideal response to a presumably unchanging and unchangeable human condition. No wonder we are stupefied and confused-but our mistake is the same which many cultures have made before us, namely to force a rigid model upon a fluid reality.

Erich Jantsch - "Design for Evolution: Self-Organization and Planning in the Life of Human Systems"