[lbo-talk] FBI headaches

tully tully at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 30 16:51:54 PST 2005

On Wednesday 30 March 2005 06:58 pm, Doug Henwood wrote:
>Jordan Hayes wrote:
>>Plenty! But lbo-talk isn't the kind of list where we're likely to
>> get an FBI subpoena ... uh right? :-)
>
>I suppose some wreckless sort could post something that might excite
>the interest of the gumshoes, but I certainly hope not. First,
>because I don't want to deal with cops, and second, because those
>sorts of provocations are stupid and wrong.
>
>Doug

The Patriot Act has provided all the necessary tools and has spawned a new McCarthyism. Activists have been hassled for a long time now, with a few questionable deaths and its only getting worse. Churchill case in point.

Might I end up on one of Homeland's lists for buying "Roosting Chickens" from my local bookstore? I'm done for if they find me hanging out on a list full of commie pinkos! ;)

You may want to consider not keeping logs, putting the <meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow"> tags in to stop search engine spider indexing, and to make the list and its archives private. No need to make it easy for them to find the out of context evidence they might need on any one of us. And since there appear to be a few high profile people on this list, it might help protect them.

--tully