[lbo-talk] The state

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Mar 31 07:29:23 PST 2005

Mike Ballard wrote:

>A classless society would not have a State, but would have all the
>self-governing structure it needed--perhaps an 'administration of
>things' by an 'association of producers'.

Having just watched the aut-op-sy list (autonomists, libertarian communists, etc.) just fall apart because of weenie-wagging and flaming, I'm more skeptical than ever that this would work. If a small group of people who fall under the same political taxonomy can't keep a listserv going, they're going to organize society? Sure.

Doug