[lbo-talk] New Imperialism?

T Fast tfast at yorku.ca
Thu Mar 31 09:50:39 PST 2005

> My view of colonialism as a form of international/intercultural exchange
> that provided benefits to all parties, but those benefits being
> conditioned
> on the internal political and organizational infrastructures of these
> parties is a better explanation because it can explain more and above all
> the question that few people ask, namely:

Nice sterilized language: "colonialism is a form of international/intercultural exchange."

To hear you describe colonialism as such makes it sound like a late night commercial for an international dating service. Do you have a 1-900 number.

No wonder the left in North America is a largely all white cocktail party.

Travis