[lbo-talk] Kadyron repeats vow to kill Basaev by May 9

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun May 1 06:06:29 PDT 2005

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Apr 29 2005 1:28PM Chechen warlord is in Dagestan - official MOSCOW. April 29 (Interfax) - Chechen militant leader Shamil Basayev is presently in Dagestan, according to Deputy Prime Minister of Chechnya Ramzan Kadyrov.

"According to our knowledge, he is in Dagestan now," Kadyrov said in an interview with Komsomolskaya Pravda published on Friday, but could not name Basayev's exact whereabouts. "If I knew them, I would have killed him myself," he said.

"I have not promised to catch Basayev alive. I promised to destroy him. Our goal is to kill Basayev by May 9. There still is time. We believe in God, therefore we rely on the Almighty," Kadyrov added.

He added that Basayev's destruction is his sole objective. "I assure you that I have no other business than to hunt down the devil and destroy him," he said.

He said by now almost everyone involved in the murder of his farther, Chechen President Akhmad Kadyrov, has been eliminated and only Basayev who contracted the murder and one of the five perpetrators of the terrorist act are still alive.

Kadyrov ruled out the chances of a trial for the participants in the terrorist act.

"I will blast them to hell. If we don't get them, it will be a shame for all Chechens," he said.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!