[lbo-talk] Fwd: To cry or not to cry?

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Mon May 2 05:08:43 PDT 2005

---- Original Message ---- From: Doug Henwood To: lbo-talk Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2005 9:28 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] Fwd: To cry or not to cry?

> Times (London) - May 2, 2005
>
> May 02, 2005
>
> Leak shows 'Blair set on Iraq war a year before invasion'
> By Michael Evans
> <...>

Arghhh... Up too early! 4am! That's what I get for going to bed @ 9pm like GWB, but I have an excuse... I rode my mountain bike 15-20 miles yesterday(what's not masculine about that? Wanna kickbox?) after propagandizing the crowds of shoppers in that consumer paradise I call home, known as Santa Cruz.

I was reading my journal entries just now to look at what I was writing in the year 2002, October, that might relate to this thread. I was writing about how the local crowd of college kids did not understand how bad it was going to get over the next few years... How the were unaware that they were prime grist for the meatgrinder of war, and how much they depended on their parent's money to support a lifestye that would be untenable if the had to pay for it themselves, but it was a rambling screed... not suitable for reprint.

However, there is a quote on that page which , in my estimation, explains to a great extent WHY we are in that situation, from a historically older and wiser perspective. And why the lies...

"These people have made many rules which the rich may break, but the poor may not. They take money from the poor and weak to support the rich who rule.

They claim this mother of ours, the Earth, for their own, and fence their neighbors away. They deface her... with buildings... and refuse.

Their nation is like a spring freshet that over-runs it's banks and destroys all who are in it's path... we cannot dwell side by side.

...One thing is certain. The love of possession is a disease with them.

--Tatanka Yotanka (Sitting Bull) Spring 1877

He went on to describe the settlers as, "...another race, small and feeble when our fathers first met them, but now great(derogatory usage) and overbearing."

"The love of possession is a disease with them..." Gotta have it, and we don't care how we get it.

Leigh ==