[lbo-talk] Business as usual...

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Wed May 4 01:57:49 PDT 2005

> An amusing bit of black humour:
>
> http://despair.com/buasus.html
>
> Regards,
> Mike B)

I had their "Apathy" poster hanging in the public restroom at the store

as a bit of a joke and you would not believe the hostility that occasionally brought out in someone. I was always surprised someone would take that so personally. Since we had excellent service this seemed a pretty safe one to display. The strange, or maybe not so strange, thing was that every customer who screamed about it and swore they would never come back ALWAYS came back within a week. I never could work up the courage to ask them why they were shopping with us again after they swore they would never return. Unfortunately you can't antagonize even your asshole customers deliberately and expect to survive. Maybe that was it?

John Thornton **********************

Yeah John. The store you worked in probably had something they needed.

Sort of like working in a library where the "customers" complain about the audacity of having Steward Home novels on the shelves. Of course, when the assholes yelp, the worker (person) whose budget funded the acquisition of such "trash", will probably feel the pain when performance appraisals are due--especially, if budget cutting is on the agenda.

The saying on the Apathy poster--mai oui, to be read with some irony:

"If we don't take care of the customer, maybe they'll stop bugging us."

BTW, if you haven't viewed the film "More" which can be accessed at this site, take a look. The old slam "rose coloured glasses" takes a new twist. Point your browser here: http://despair.com/happyproduct.html

****************************************************************** Me? Click here: http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal