[lbo-talk] evo psych: balderdash

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 09:46:14 PDT 2005

--- andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Too vague a criticism of too vague a target.
> Contrary
> to the received view on the left, it's not crazy to
> think that the fact that we are biological
> organisms,
> specifically primate with the central nervous
> systems
> of hunter-gatherers, is likely to do some
> explanatory
> work in accounting for our behavior.

I am glad somebody here had the guts to say this. I agree.

Thomas

<<We are at such a point in mankind's evolution where changed conditions invalidate all our policies that have been so successful even in the recent past, and that presumably have constituted the ideal response to a presumably unchanging and unchangeable human condition. No wonder we are stupefied and confused-but our mistake is the same which many cultures have made before us, namely to force a rigid model upon a fluid reality.

Erich Jantsch - "Design for Evolution: Self-Organization and Planning in the Life of Human Systems"