[lbo-talk] FOMC correction!

Mark S bunyak1 at hotmail.com
Wed May 4 15:50:09 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:

>[never saw one of these before, and it's rather strange, since I'm sure
>they spend a lot of time obsessing over every comma in these statements -
>the **'d sentence (the addition) is in bold in the original - the **'s are
>mine, to preserve plain text - gotta wonder if they saw the market reaction
>and worried that they were sounding a tad too hawkish]

Keeping in mind the rampant rumor-mongering of the bond market, a bond analyst told me that many people agree with the above theory. He said that the initial reaction was to revise upward long-term inflation expectations. He thought that such miscommunication could be avoided with some sort of explicit U.S. inflation target from the Fed. I'm still unclear about the political implications of inflation targeting...

M.

_________________________________________________________________ Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use special stationery, fonts and colors. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines

Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.