[lbo-talk] Uplink Goes Live

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Thu May 5 20:29:18 PDT 2005

Hey folks -

just wanted to announce that "Satellite Uplink", a webzine devoted to the (increasingly intertwined) worlds of videogame culture and multinational media analysis, is live. The main site is up here:

http://www.efn.org/~dredmond/Uplink.html

For starters, we're going to limit publication to a quarterly instead of monthly schedule, due to the dire need of the author to earn grocery funds. I've kept the site almost brutally simple, to avoid expensive graphics, lengthy downloads, things like that, and to keep it accessible to all - especially Web-enabled cellphones in the global peripheries. Click on the Current Issue category for the first edition, or just click here:

http://www.efn.org/~dredmond/Uplink/CurrentIssue.html

We're looking for articles, commentaries, and analyses of videogame culture.

It's a little sparse just now, but eventually the site will be teeming with resources for the study, teaching and interpretation of videogame culture. If anyone wants more info, let me know offlist. Commentary and critique are welcome, as usual!

-- DRR