[lbo-talk] Re: alt-porn & explicit content

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Thu May 5 22:40:07 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:

> You've got to be kidding. Who's well, really? And how many millions of
> people visit hookers, strip clubs, dominatrices, etc.? By this def,
> sickness is nearly universal, at least among men.

Yes, it is. Which is not saying that this should be illegal, punishable, or anything. It's just saying that it's not peachy keen.

You and Brian argue that sex workers enjoy their work, it would follow that they would do this work even if they weren't being paid. I volunteer to teach in my daughter's school because I enjoy teaching, even if I don't get paid. I have not yet heard of a volunteer prostitute.

Joanna