[lbo-talk] Re: alt-porn & explicit content

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Fri May 6 12:19:25 PDT 2005

On Fri, 6 May 2005, Leigh Meyers wrote:

> "It's not peachy keen" is not a stigmatization, it's a
> statement of fact for the average woman that sells her ass for
> a living, or man... But I see a lot of rationalization based on
> the exception, not the rule happening here.

One more time: in a capitalist society, wage labor is often brutal, alienating, and dehumanizing. This is just as true of corporate lawyers and retail clerks as it is of sex workers. To single out sex work as a specific type of labor that is not "peachy keen" is divisive and unnecessary.

Slogan: Under capitalism, all workers get fucked. It's just more obvious with sex work!

Miles