[lbo-talk] Greenspan warns about hedge funds and derivatives

Autoplectic autoplectic at gmail.com
Sat May 7 06:57:26 PDT 2005

On 5/7/05, Marvin Gandall <marvgandall at rogers.com> wrote:
> (Worry continues to mount within ruling circles about the shaky new
> financial system built on derivatives and hedge funds, which Allan Greenspan
> told a regional meeting of the Federal Reserve on Thursday, hasn't
> "adequately been tested by market stress".

<http://www.federalreserve.gov/boarddocs/speeches/2005/20050505/default.htm>

Remarks by Chairman Alan Greenspan Risk Transfer and Financial Stability To the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago's Forty-first Annual Conference on Bank Structure, Chicago, Illinois (via satellite) May 5, 2005

-- "C'mon Mr. Krinkle, tell me why" [Primus]