[lbo-talk] Re: alt-porn & explicit content

Michael Dawson mdawson at pdx.edu
Sat May 7 08:49:42 PDT 2005

> Volunteer prostitution exists; it is otherwise known as heterosexual
> marriage.
>
> Grace
> Nurse at St James Infirmary in San Francisco

Bullshit, Grace. Not only does this kind of hyperbole alienate your potential allies, it's a huge slander to women, whom I presume you have a feminist commitment to.

The basis on intimate relationships has improved radically for everybody in the past 50 years. If you wonder what I mean, look at what Anthony Giddens says, or just look around without your blinders on. I've been married twice, heterosexually, and neither of my wives were coerced into anything. Up yours for calling them whores.