[lbo-talk] quote

Michael Dawson mdawson at pdx.edu
Sun May 8 10:34:51 PDT 2005

> On Behalf Of Autoplectic

> > > The first sentence has serious problems re the use of
> 'independence'.........
> What's independent of each can't be independent of all. He commits a
> fallacy of composition. Our understanding of the interdependency of
> intentionality and action has come a long way since H&M. The rhetoric
> of 'behind the backs of the producers' is way overblown.

Grundrisse is unpublished notebooks, dude. Beyond that, you're trying (and failing) to make a mountain out of a molehill. Ordinary reading reveals that Marx is saying that capitalism systemically enforces social connections that are stronger and better than previous intentionally-imposed ones, even though it's a selfish and anarchic system in terms of centralized power. You disagree with that? Why?