[lbo-talk] Votes for anti-war Labour MP's

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Sun May 8 12:34:12 PDT 2005

Yes, indeed. I already thought of that...though I never took a stat class as a sociology undergrad.

> Careful, it is a parliamentary system so the relevant comparison is to how
> anti-war Labour candidates faired compared to the their pro-war Labour
> counterparts.
>
> Travis

Never having worked with spreadsheets much would anyone like to help add up the results for pro and anti-war Labour candidates? Compare this with previous election, both #ers and percentages. If the British public is as disgusted with the war, as we'd assume, why, so far, in my very cursory look, were anti-war, left Labor MP's votes less than before and the swing in their districts towards the Tories not Lib Dems? Wouldn't the anti-war bloc reward anti-war Labour MP's and punish pro-war MP's by voting Lib Dem, like Red Pepper (Hilary Wainright of Red Pepper on BBC the other night was not enthused) and New Statesman advocated?

-- Michael Pugliese