[lbo-talk] Axle of Evil: What if an Iranian company buys a famous British automaker?

uvj at vsnl.com uvj at vsnl.com
Mon May 9 07:19:53 PDT 2005

MSN Slate

Axle of Evil

What happens if an Iranian company buys a famous British automaker?

By Daniel Gross

Wednesday, May 4, 2005

The West can't stop Iran's nuclear program because we can't halt the global spread of industrial technology, even to our enemies. And what goes for nukes also goes for cars. Britain may soon sell one of its most celebrated automakers to a charter member of the Axis of Evil. That little MG you've been coveting may soon be made in Iran, because it looks as if Iran will end up with the remnants of MG Rover, the last independent British auto manufacture http://slate.msn.com/id/2118029/