[lbo-talk] Stop Labeling and Start Organizing!

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon May 9 08:20:37 PDT 2005

Charles Brown wrote:

> Charles: It's not very likely that these fascistic-zealot folks are going to
> just do what you politely ask.

A. Divide this up.

1. None of them will probably respond _now_ to any kind of approach (or even notice that 'we' are approahing them).

2. Their leadership at various levels and niches will probably always be our enemies.

3. The section of the u.s. public Chip refers to can, loosely, be referred to as an internally varied mass movement. Hence:

a. The adherence of many to that 'movement' is very shallow. Hence they are a potential resource _in the future_.

b. Why endanger (even marginally) a potential resource through engaging in cheap sneers now. Just what political advantage, now or in the future, has been achieved by the strenuous efforts of number on lbo-talk (and presumably elsewhere) to distinguish themselves from the great unwashed through sneers at Kansas, fundamentalists, etc. etc.?

Again, check the Third Thesis on Feuerbach.

Carrol

P.S. I think Chip's subject line is a bit askew. We can't "start organizing" NOW most of those he is talking about, but his arguments against empty (my added epither) labeling are rock solid.