[lbo-talk] Stop Labeling and Start Organizing!

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Mon May 9 09:39:16 PDT 2005

On May 9, 2005, at 8:08 AM, Chip Berlet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If your goal is to have most people on the left simply write checks to
> the Democratic Party and liberal inside the beltway organizations,
> then keep using hyperbolic, abrasive, and innaccurate terms like
> fascist and zealot.

I'll resend the following, which didn't get a response in it's previous edit. Perhaps it will make more sense within the 'organizing' thread.

(subject: 'chip berlet in the news')

On May 6, 2005, at 7:28 AM, Chip Berlet wrote:

> There is a lot of dispute on this question over many decades.
>
> What I can say is that today, the main trend of belief is that the
> Antichrist will be a popular world figure promising peace and a one
> world global government cooperation. The UN and other global or
> regional bodies are seen as likely places where the Antichrist will
> become popular and gain a world stage.

As long as you're conversing with the fundamentalist campers, what's the current state of the anti-christ dispute, and would it be exploitable as a divisive factor by political opposition?

Martin