[lbo-talk] Marriage and Prostitution

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon May 9 10:40:00 PDT 2005

Joanna wrote:

>But just as celebrating abortion is not the right move in support
>of feminism; neither is saying "sex work is just another job" ...
>because ultimately we don't all want to be whores of any stripe.

Why shouldn't we celebrate doctors, nurses, and other medical workers who provide safe and legal abortions, saving the lives of women, braving the risk of terrorist attacks? And why don't we celebrate sex workers who take pride in their profession, successfully organize their fellow sex workers, and improve their own working conditions? -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * Monthly Review: <http://monthlyreview.org/> * Greens for Nader: <http://greensfornader.net/> * Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>