[lbo-talk] Stop Labeling and Start Organizing!

Chip Berlet c.berlet at publiceye.org
Mon May 9 14:33:25 PDT 2005

Hi,

There a multiple ways to have a conversation about the main "End Times" trends with fundamentalists that could make them see some contradictions in their theological and political positions, but my point is that starting out by calling them stupid or crazy is not likely to be a good first step.

As for the specifics, I doubt that the LBO list is a useful place to have a more substantial discussion, given some of the responses posted so far.

-Chip

= = =

On May 6, 2005, at 7:28 AM, Chip Berlet wrote:

> There is a lot of dispute on this question over many decades.
>
> What I can say is that today, the main trend of belief is that the
> Antichrist will be a popular world figure promising peace and a one
> world global government cooperation. The UN and other global or
> regional bodies are seen as likely places where the Antichrist will
> become popular and gain a world stage.

As long as you're conversing with the fundamentalist campers, what's the current state of the anti-christ dispute, and would it be exploitable as a divisive factor by political opposition?

Martin