[lbo-talk] Commissar Proyect Denouncement:

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue May 10 07:52:47 PDT 2005

Carl Remick wrote:

> >From: Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu>
> >
> >Chris:
> > > This has always baffled me -- do stupid people
> > > know that they are stupid?
> >
> >No, and that is precisely what makes them stupid. Wisdom is awareness of
> >the limits of one's knowledge.
>
> Hmm, then we're all fucked. It's not just a matter of what one doesn't know
> but what one *doesn't know* one doesn't know -- the unk-unks ... unknown
> unk

I've had (and will have again) my sharp disagreements with Lou Proyect, but after seeing this thread I got around to reading his last post on Diamond. One can agree or disagree with his arguments there, but anyone who uses _that_ post to ground such an idiotic phrase as "Commissar ____ Denouncement_ is a pretty fuck-headed reader and ought to go back to kindergarten to lear a bit about how to read and use the English language.

Who the hell introduced this thread anyhow. Whoever it was is a fucking troll, since no one on _this_ list had raised the topic of LP's views of Diamond. He presented an argument, and a fairly well-reasoned one. Since when does arguing a position vigorously make one a Commissar?

If you want to see a real approximation of Commissar behavior -- read the posts on this list by Wojtek and M Dawson. Their arguments often would make sense only if backed up by a large secret police and plenty of firing squads.

Carrol