[lbo-talk] An Appeal to the U.S. Antiwar Movement for United Demonstrations in the Fall

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue May 10 08:04:54 PDT 2005

Nathan Newman wrote:

> The "antiwar movement" has completely marginalized itself by ignoring vast
> numbers of antiwar people in this country. I went to all the early antiwar
> rallies but I've given up bothering. The rallies have no coherent message
> and the organizers no strategy, so why bother?

A coherent message is not the problem. We all know that over half of Americans oppose this war. What is needed now is more civil disobedience, sabotage, protest, direct action and so on. Bring the war home by raising the economic stakes of continuing the war.

Sit down and disrupt the war supply chain...

Organize a strike in the transportation industries...

Chuck