[lbo-talk] An Appeal to the U.S. Antiwar Movement for United Demonstrations in the Fall

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Tue May 10 08:56:29 PDT 2005

--- Chuck0 <chuck at mutualaid.org> wrote:
> A coherent message is not the problem. We all know
> that over half of
> Americans oppose this war. What is needed now is
> more civil
> disobedience, sabotage, protest, direct action and
> so on.

Could not agree more. One of the problems is, or so it seems to me, that the movement has gotten bogged down in pandering to the liberals. They have told us how everybody will be turned off if we take bold, direct action. Well, guess what? We've been following their advice for a couple of years now and where has it got us?

ONE of the reasons we dont have a strategy is that we are suffocated by the reasoning that we have to be "polite" because somebody somewhere might be offended by something a bit more aggressive than the ballot box and playing activist "ring around the rosy" (around the White House, The San Fran. City Hall, or the totem of your particular city).

Somebody needs to "up the ante" as Chuck says. They needn't brood over the idea that they need to "unite" everybody first. I certainly hope that Chuck is correct in saying that the anarchists will soon take the initiative on this.

-Thomas

__________________________________ Yahoo! Mail Mobile Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Check email on your mobile phone. http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail