[lbo-talk] Commissar Proyect Denouncement:

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue May 10 09:15:45 PDT 2005

Carrol Cox wrote:

>If you want to see a real approximation of Commissar behavior -- read
>the posts on this list by Wojtek and M Dawson. Their arguments often
>would make sense only if backed up by a large secret police and plenty
>of firing squads.

Hmm, some would say the same of you.

But it's generally a bad idea to accuse anyone of being a commissar, as it is to accuse anyone of being a cop (which you've done at least twice on this list, Carrol). If someone wants to criticize his critique of Diamond in substantive terms, fine, but while I'm no fan of LNP, I don't welcome attacks on his personality here.

Doug