[lbo-talk] Marriage and Prostitution

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Tue May 10 20:41:24 PDT 2005

joanna wrote:

>I guess because I don't see prostitution as work that must be done.

Why not? For whatever reason, many people - mostly men, though in a different world more women might too - need anonymous sexual release. In a less sexually twisted society there might be fewer, but we can't know that, and I doubt it would ever fully go away.

Doug

How about the creation of places for people to meet of their own free will and engage in whatever flavour sex they like without the cash nexus? There is certainly a need. Under capitalism, it is filled by the buying and selling of sex. The useful work which needs doing is the creation and maintenance of the place--house, temple, abandoned church, seaside resort, forest whatever.

Regards, Mike B)

****************************************************************** The American Geophysical Union, issued a consensus statement in 2003 declaring, “Natural influences cannot explain the rapid increase in global near-surface temperatures.” The world is now warmer than it has been at any point in the last two millennia. If current trends continue, by the end of the century it will likely be hotter than at any point in the last two million years. Will you let the "current trends continue"? http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal