[lbo-talk] Pew's latest typology

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Wed May 11 00:19:58 PDT 2005

I took the Pew test which Doug posted a link to:

http://typology.people-press.org/

Considering the limitation on questions and answer choices, I ended up a liberal. ;P Interesting to note that people in this category have increased/doubled over the Shrubian years.

Mike B) ************* quoting from my results: Based on your answers to the questionnaire, you most closely resemble survey respondents within the Liberal typology group. This does not mean that you necessarily fit every group characteristic or agree with the group on all issues.

Liberals represent 17 percent of the American public, and 19 percent of registered voters.

Basic Description This group has nearly doubled in proportion since 1999, Liberals now comprise the largest share of Democrats and is the single largest of the nine Typology groups. They are the most opposed to an assertive foreign policy, the most secular, and take the most liberal views on social issues such as homosexuality, abortion, and censorship. They differ from other Democratic groups in that they are strongly pro-environment and pro-immigration, issues which are more controversial among Conservative and Disadvantaged Democrats.

****************************************************************** The American Geophysical Union, issued a consensus statement in 2003 declaring, “Natural influences cannot explain the rapid increase in global near-surface temperatures.” The world is now warmer than it has been at any point in the last two millennia. If current trends continue, by the end of the century it will likely be hotter than at any point in the last two million years. Will you let the "current trends continue"? http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal