[lbo-talk] more on Graeber

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed May 11 09:34:07 PDT 2005

andie nachgeborenen wrote:

>--- Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:
>
>> [via the Debate list]
>>
>> In Support of David Graeber
>> by Andrej Grubacic
>>

>> Recently David Graeber and I wrote an article
>> together attempting to
>> explain why anarchist ideas have received almost no
>> attention in the
>> academy. When you think of it, academia is full of
>> Marxist radicals,
>
>Just out of curiosity, where are they?

Good question. There are a few in English & cult stud, but almost none in the areas that really matter for power, like econ & poli sci.

My first reaction on reading this was that the reason anarchism has received so little academic attention is that few people remain anarchists after their 30th birthday. But I dismissed the thought as too cruel & glib.

Doug