[lbo-talk] An Appeal to the U.S. AntiwarMovementfor UnitedDemonstrations in the Fall

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed May 11 15:53:00 PDT 2005

Thomas Seay wrote:

>--- Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:
>>it's bold, it's radical, it's
>> not for pussies.
>> But give some examples of some actions that could
>> accomplish
>> something other than making the actors feel tough &
>> revolutionary.
>
>One word: Seattle

Yeah. I was there. It was really exciting. And did it cause capitalism to wobble for more than an instant? It was a beautiful overture, but then the movement was caught in endless attempts to repeat the success. Without organization and increasing popular support, events like Seattle are mainly spectacles.

Doug