[lbo-talk] more on Graeber

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Thu May 12 08:23:37 PDT 2005

Perhaps it is an unavoidable side effect of the left's being more critical in its thinking than the right. Ruthless criticism of all that exists and all that.

Criticism/self-criticism is a Marxist and democratic custom. If we weren't criticizing each other, somebody would start calling us Stalinists,participants in a personality cult.

The riddles of democratic centralism are still with our generation.

CB

ravi wrote:

> On 05/11/05 17:22, Miles Jackson wrote:
>>
>> I think everybody who posts to this list has
>> been personally insulted at one point or another.
>>

> and that's what differentiates us (the left) from the right... ;-)
>
> --ravi

Yeah, it's about time to line up in the firing circle (again)--

Miles