[lbo-talk] Cointelpro

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Thu May 12 10:08:30 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood ponders:

> There's someone on the WBAI producers list denouncing me as a racist
> and a cop for suggesting that we need to broaden our audience a bit.
> He's invoked Cointelpro. As I recall, provocateurs were often the
> most hypermilitant, and often the ones who invoked race to set groups
> against each other. Do other people know more about this?

The wildest and loudest, as well as the subdued and quiet turned out to be informers/provocateurs in my experience.

That's a big help, hunh?

Being disruptive is a pretty good sign that *something's* not right with the person, or their focus(egotist/nutcase...).

Ask the person to back up their statement with fact, or fuck off.

Just like that... to the point, in a public forum.

Mind you, my corporate "bedside manner" really sucks.

I heard a lot of it in the '60s... It's the reason I despise the old line pl/pd/trot/vanguard crowd, they talked like that alot... soandso's a cop, etc, and honestly, I've never trusted ANYONE who's ever ad libbed that at me, because I never noticed that the person "informing" me was exceptionally well versed about anything except how the organizational structure of the group worked...

I'll leave that thought dangling.

Leigh www.leighm.net