[lbo-talk] John Scagliotti on here!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu May 12 12:56:17 PDT 2005

[When I forwarded John Scagliotti's notice about his film being on here!, Michael Pollak wondered if that's the pay-per-view channel. Yes it is. Here's John Scagliotti's response.]

From: John Scagliotti Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 3:21 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] Dangerous Living: Coming Out in the Developing World

Michael: good question. I think they are trying to build a network but in these times of so much censorship about the only way you can do something to make it pass the censors on TV is to be under the radar. Almost anything that I considered important that I would do today would be censored at PBS -- I would love to get my stuff on a free national broadcast network but they are all under the spell of the right wing and gays are bad there.

Part of my reasoning to go to here! is actually to help build an alternative. yes it is premium, pay as you go, but that is better than having to rely on so many Corporations that pay for very bland (clean) programming for PBS or the commercials on the networks and basic cable.

But I am trying to help build other ways of distribution that is not so heavily controlled by the right wing government and those that fear it.

John Scagliotti Director, Dangerous Living <http://www.afterstonewall.com> <http://www.heretv.com>