[lbo-talk] An Appeal to the U.S. Antiwar Movement

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri May 13 08:44:30 PDT 2005

--- Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote: Or
> is there real
> confusion about what to do, what to call for, and
> the state of the
> popular mood?

Yes, there is. But we can sit back in our studies and think about it forever. Sometimes you just have to experiment and be open to change if the experiment does not work as well as planned. This is the problem with the current practice of just having demonstrations. It's played out its usefulness and people keep doing it..it's like a broken record.

When people like Chuck suggest something slightly more radical, they are accused of being adventurist because certain elements in the anti-war movement might not be united around it. If we have to wait for the whole movement to be united around an action, we might as well unpack the car and stay at home. Nothing will ever happen in that case.

Discover Yahoo! Have fun online with music videos, cool games, IM and more. Check it out! http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html