[lbo-talk] An Appeal to the U.S. Antiwar Movement

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Fri May 13 17:13:19 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood (needs "credible" insults):

.

> Oh please. It's bad enough to insult Chuck, but to do it without any
> credibility to your social analysis should be embarrassing.

Really! The dockworkers that y'all are trying to organize to shut down the docks are "lumpen"... The job is to "unlump" *them*, not "lump up" Chuck0

If I might suggest: "Un-lumping" requires "By *any* means neccesary."

There ought to be an inside track on the west coast. When the invasion started, the demonstrators at the Oakland docks were assaulted with wooden rounds... a few of which struck representatives from the dock worker's union "peace committee" who were observing which caused a big stink at the union meetings, and again at the city council meeting in regard to police mis... management at the demo. But like JT, it's outside my direct sphere of influence, that's why I'm working with students and local/street kids... Because they know me, or have seen me, and are curious if I'm thinking what they're thinking.

I'm sure that telling the guys down at the docks that they're lumpen, that they need to follow the "vanguard" and read more Marx, will be a highly effective pitch at their meetings. [sneer]

Leigh