[lbo-talk] An Appeal to the U.S. Antiwar Movement

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sat May 14 11:40:24 PDT 2005

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net wrote:

> Waht specifically do you have in mind? It seems to me union workers
> should, in a manner of speaking, lead the way. Non-union workers are
> too easily dismissed from their jobs when attempting to do these things.
> The workers who have greater institutional protections from such abuse
> could do more in this area in spite of their smaller numbers in my
> opinion.

I think Yoshie is suggesting something along the lines of "teach a man to fish..." This what I focus on these days, spreading ideas, techniques, and training.

I think we need to see more workers organizing themselves. I don't see union members as leading the way, because they are either telling people what can't be done, or they are organizers who manage workers to keep them powerless and dependent on the union organizers.

Chuck