[lbo-talk] Re: An Appeal to the U.S. Antiwar Movement

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon May 16 06:31:52 PDT 2005

John Mage wrote:

>As it happens I read this just as I finished reading a most excellent
>book _Taxi!_ by Biju Mathew (New Press, 2005). I just posted the first
>book review to Amazon that I've ever attempted, I've pasted it in below.

One of the inspiring things about the taxi drivers story is that it was a fine example of thinking and action working together. Mathew and his fellow organizer, Bhairavi Desai, are very sophisticated politically, but they did years of work at gas stations and restaurants organizing workers who toil under separate roofs. I'm in awe of them.

Doug