[lbo-talk] An Appeal to the U.S. Antiwar Movement for UnitedDemonstrations in the Fall

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Mon May 16 11:03:21 PDT 2005

Chuck0 wrote:

>We know there are millions of Americans who oppose this war, many of them quite strongly. People are ready to fuck shit up.

and:

>That's not to say that the peace movement didn't accomplish anything, but they rejected strategies which would have ended the war, such as mass violent rebellion, sabotage, and civil disobedience on a mass scale.

Chuck, I've got nothing against fucking shit up. But I'd like to hear how you would talk about risks for participants. Jail solidarity for people arrested in Seattle is one thing. But when you're talking about violence and sabotage, you're also talking about possible long stretches in federal prison. How do you present this plan without talking about that?