[lbo-talk] more viral marketing! (was more class!)

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Mon May 16 12:01:18 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood:

> Leigh Meyers wrote:
>

>> The page tried to load a nasty bluestreak marketing cookie which
>> was blocked by the standard browser config,
>
> Standard? You must have set it up that way. And so what about the
> marketing cookie? I don't really care - why is it such an obsession
> with some people?
>
>> and THEN attempted
>> to load a viewpoint presentation manager in the startup entries of
>> my computer with out notifying me. Spybot S&D caught it...
>
> Again, so what? It's a good presentation - informative, and nicely
> done.
>
>> Then it crashed the browser.
>
> Worked fine on mine.
>
>> I'm gonna go wash my temp files out with lye soap now...
>
> Purity of essence! Precious bodily fluids!!
>
> Doug

Bluestreak is on IE's standard restricted cookie list along with xxx_sextalk_via_nauru(sic), and although it's not quite in the same league as "DyFuca" and other pests, it *STAYS* on the list.

Adobe's "atmosphere" player AKA viewpoint has never been able to successfully install even when I've allowed it with Adobe's updates.

At least it reports that it didn't install, it stalls on download, never completes and FUs my registry. Honestly, anything that wants to add a *STARTUP ENTRY* (starts when I boot) without even letting me know it's loading, and doesn't report itself correctly when downloading (adobe readaloud works so I assume it *did* dowwnload) is definitely unwelcome on my machine, for very good reason.

Have you ever tried to remove Adobe, or Norton AV from a machine? They are viruses posing as legitimate software, some parts are totally unremovable without manually editing the registry in safe mode.

Gentlemen, Gentlemen.... Please! There'll be no fighting in the war room!

=:> Leigh -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20050516/f69faaf3/attachment.htm>