[lbo-talk] Re: Greenwashing (Jared Diamond thread)

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Mon May 16 19:53:03 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood quotes:
> Michael Pugliese
>
>> If someone were to point out that chemical fertilisers have increased
>> food production dozens of times over, he would reply: 'Yes, but they
>> are a drain on fresh water, and what about all that phosphorus
>> run-off?'
>
> Sounds like Michael Perelman!
>
> Doug

Sounds like "true costing" environmental ecology. Rough on consumers in the short run, but there *will* be a long run if it's done

We *are* interested in a long run, aren't we?

Also note that according to comments I've read from some African Ag ministers, growing enough food is NOT the problem, distribution is the problem.

Leigh