[lbo-talk] New Al Qaeda plot to kill Musharraf foiled

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 15:23:48 PDT 2005

Chris Doss wrote:

>Thanks Michael. This was hilarious. Yup, no Islamic
>fundamentalists there at all! The Will To Denial can
>be a shocking thing.

Esp. when I look at rightist blog, Jihad Watch a couple times a week. http://jihadwatch.org/ http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/ (clicking there find something on Jared Diamond, http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/archives/006182.php )

And have a book edited by that blogger, Robert Spencer, "The Myth Of Islamic Tolerance, " published by Prometheus Books (the "secular humanist"/skeptic house) on the table right now. Contains a good essay by Ibn Warraq, (author of, "Why I Would Not Be a Muslim.") critiquing Said's Orientalism, citing works by Arabic and European marxists like Syrian Sadiq al-Azm and Maxime Rodinson.

Uzbekistan: Islamic Rebels Appeal for Putin's Help http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/archives/006179.php

-- Michael Pugliese