[lbo-talk] FATAL WEDDING RYE

lbo at inkworkswell.com lbo at inkworkswell.com
Tue May 17 19:25:26 PDT 2005

At 09:38 PM 5/17/2005, Tom Walker wrote:
>Leigh Meyers wrote,
>
> >Ergot Poisoning. Ergot grows on rye.
> >It causes delirium tremens, convulsions and death.
>
>Interesting speculation considering the trippiness of the drawing. Rye is
>also a type of whiskey and Fatal Wedding the title of a turn of the
>century melodrama and a folk song. "Not a lizzard in a barrel of it"
>echoes the "not a fart in a carload" slogan of Horse Shit cigarettes.

:)

Innarestin'. I have an acquaintance that reels off things like this, especially downhome similies such as "he's running around in more directions than a fart in a fryin' pan." heh.

>Note also the sandwichman in a top hat advertising 20 ct lunch in the
>lower right hand corner.
>
>The Sandwichman

ha! I forgot to point that out! Glad you noticed it.

Thanks for info on this. Now, I'll have to see if anyone can help me find images of old-fashioned lazy tongs, like this: http://www.inkworkswell.com/LazyTongs.htm. Haven't pursued it seriously, but I gotta have this image -- or something like it!

OK. Back to worky for me-ee.

p.s. Is or Liza planning on writing a book about ascetism on the left or something? Dougdaddy, you just have too damn many answers and don't ask enough questions!!